Dr.R. Vasanth Kumar Reddy
MS(PGI, Chandigarh, Gen.Surg), DNB(Gen.Surg), FRCS(Glasgow,UK), Vascular Surgeon
I am currently working as a Consultant Vascular, Endovascular and Transplant surgeon in Hyderabad, India. I do elective surgical work, run clinics and teach and supervise the training of the residents. I participate in the on-call rota and evaluate emergency surgical admissions after they are admitted by the surgical registrar and perform all varieties of emergency surgical procedures in the theatre. I enthusiastically participate in teaching program for the residents and nurses.
- Currently working as a Senior Consultant Vascular and Transplant Surgeon at Hyderabad, India
- Formerly a consultant surgeon in National Health Service at Birmingham, United Kingdom.
Training & Experience:
- 3 years of post-graduate surgical training from one of the leading surgical training centres in India - PGIMER, Chandigarh
- 2 years Senior Surgical Registrar experience in PGIMER, Chandigarh
- 15 years post qualification experience of working in Vascular Surgery & Transplant Surgery in the United Kingdom.
- Renal and Pancreas Transplant surgery & Live donor nephrectomy
- Dialysis arterio-venous fistulae, dealing with complex fistulae and its complications
- Carotid End-arterectomy
- Abdominal aortic aneurysm repair
- Surgery for peripheral vascular disease
- Laser treatment for varicose veins (EVLT - Endo Venous Laser Ablation Therapy)
- Open venous surgery
- Wound care especially over the limbs
- Complex arterio-venous surgeries
- Endo-vascular treatment for arterial disease
- Laparoscopic general surgical procedures
- Secured Admission in MS (General Surgery) with a highly competitive entrance examination in PGIMER, Chandigarh (India’s premier institute).
- Best out-going surgical trainee in PGI, Chandigarh - secured 1st position in MS (General Surgery) Examination.
- Passed Research Methodology and Biostatistics Examination in PGIMER, Chandigarh.
- Obtained Fellowship of Royal college of Surgeons & Physicians of Glasgow in the first attempt in the United Kingdom.
- Obtained international travel grant for best paper presentation at Scotland Renal Association annual conference for my research paper.
- MBBS, Andhra Medical College, Vishakhapatnam, India
- MS (General Surgery), PG Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh, India
- FRCS, Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow, Glasgow, UK
- DNB (General Surgery), National Board of Examinations, Delhi, India
Research & Articles
- I did research on “EVALUATION OF POST REVASCULARISATION BIOPSIES OF RENAL ALLOGRAFT AS A PREDICTOR OF REJECTION IN LIVE RELATED DONOR KIDNEY TRANSPLANTATION” during Post graduation at PGIMER, Chandigarh.
- I did a retrospective study of “OUTCOME OF VASCULAR ACCESS SURGERY AT THE ELBOW” which has been published.
- I retrospectively analyzed the renal unit transplant data to evaluate the “INFLUENCE OF DIABETES MELLITUS ON PATIENT AND GRAFT SURVIVAL IN RECIPIENTS OF KIDNEY TRANSPLANTATION” - presented at British Transplantation Society Annual Congress, Scottish Renal Association meeting, West of Scotland renal meetings and was also published in the journal of Clinical transplantation.
- We subsequently collected more data and analyzed the PREDICTION OF SURVIVAL IN NON-DIABETIC RENAL TRANSPLANT RECIPIENTS BY RANDOM BLOOD SUGAR. THIS PAPER WON THE BEST PAPER PRESENTATION AWARD AT THE NATIONAL CONFERENCE, THE AWARD BEING TRAVELING FELLOWSHIP.
- I did literature review on VASCULAR ACCESS FOR HAEMODIALYSIS, which was published.
- In Aberdeen I did a retrospective study to COMPARE WAITING TIMES FROM CLINIC ATTENDANCE TO TREATMENT FOR PATIENTS PRESENTING WITH VARICOSE VEINS TO EITHER A ONE STOP VENOUS CLINIC OR A GENERAL VASCULAR CLINIC.
- I have analysed ENDOVENOUS LASER ABLATION OF VARICOSE VEINS PROCEDURES DONE IN OUR DEPARTMENT AND DID AN ANALYSIS ON OUR UNITS EXPERIENCE AND ITS EFFECT IN INTRODUCING TO A NEW UNIT.